DR JANI TANZIL
SENIOR RESEARCH FELLOW
- Dec 2013: PhD in Computational Science, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands “Environmental controls of coral growth: data driven multi-scale analyses of rates and patterns of growth of massive Porites corals around the Thai-Malay Peninsula”
- Sep 2007: MSc. Tropical Coastal Management (Distinction), Newcastle University, United Kingdom.
- Nov 2003: BSc. Biology, National University of Singapore
- Understanding effects of environmental changes on corals and coral reef systems using data-driven approaches
- Developing locally-relevant response models for corals
- Coral geochemistry to reconstruct past coral condition/reef environment
- Nature and causes of coral skeletal luminescent and density banding patterns
- Resilience and connectivity within socio-ecological systems
- Tanzil JTI, Ng PKA, Tey YQ, Tan HYB, Yun YE, Huang D. 2017. A preliminary characterization of Symbiodinium in common corals from Singapore. Singapore National Academy of Science journal COSMOS, doi: 10.1142/S0219607716500014
- Tanzil JTI, Lee JN, Brown BE, Quax R, Kaandorp JA, Lough JA, Todd PA. 2016. Luminescence and density banding patterns in massive Porites corals around the Thai-Malay Peninsula, Southeast Asia. Limnology and Oceanography, doi: 10.1002/lno.10350
- Cantarero S, Tanzil JTI, Goodkin N. 2016. Simultaneous analysis of Ba and Sr to Ca ratios in scleractinian corals by inductively coupled plasma optical emissions spectrometry. Limnology and Oceanography: Methods, doi: 10.1002/lom3.10152
- Guest JR, Low J, Tun K, Ng CM, Raingeard D, Cooper KE, Tanzil JTI, Todd PA, Toh TC, McDougald D, Chou LM, Steinberg PD. (2016) Coral community response to bleaching on a highly urbanised reef. Scientific Reports, doi:10.1038/srep20717
- Tanzil JTI, Brown BE, Dunne RP, Lee JN, Kaandorp JA, Todd PA (2013) Regional decline in growth rates of massivePorites corals in Southeast Asia. Global Change Biology 10: 3011–3023.
- Tanzil JTI (2012) Bleaching susceptibility and growth characteristics of Porites lutea from the Andaman Sea, south Thailand. PMBC Research Bulletin 71: 49–56.
- Tanzil JTI, Brown BE, Tudhope S, Dunne RP (2009) Decline in skeletal growth of the coral Porites lutea from the Andaman Sea, South Thailand between 1984 and 2005. Coral Reefs 28: 519 – 528
- Loh TL, JTI Tanzil, LM Chou (2006) Preliminary study of community development and scleractinian recruitment on fibreglass artificial reef units in the sedimented waters of Singapore. Aquatic Conservation: Freshwater and Marine Ecosystems 16: 61 – 76